Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Little Accident!

I havent blogged for a super long time. i've been a slacker sorry. so heres a little update!... Saturday the 7th of November I had just come home from watching my friend Kyle play in the marching band competition(which was way fun, and i'm waiting on him to get me the picture). I talked to my mom and told her how things went and then started going down stairs to go to bed. I'm not sure if i slipped on the step or passed out(cause i dont remember any of it) but i fell 6 stairs and landed on my butt and hit my head. My mom ran down to me and I was passed out She said Lisa Lisa and i looked at her then faded out again and started shaking like convulsions. She got me laying flat at the bottom of the stairs. Ty came and gave me a blessing while the ambulance came.( i got asked like 5 million questions. especially what is today? where were you?) They took me in the ambulance and it was a bumpy ride especially with my butt hurting. It was scary and the ambulance is nothing like movies where theres 10 people back there. It was just me and the nurse guy Kyle. When we got to the hospital they took me to get xrays and a cat scan. they got me up ready to leave and I passed out. They laid me back down and gave me some nausea medicine. A little bit later came and put me in a wheel chair to leave and on the way out i passed out again. they took me back my blood pressure was 80/40 BAD BAD BAD!!!! they finally got a iv and some fluids in me and i slept for a little bit. Finally at 5:30 they let me leave. Overall i ended up having a concussion, cracking my tail bone, fracturing 2 vertabraes(one by my neck one in my middle back. the one by my neck was bleeding)I'm doing lots better now. My butt still really hurts and my back is sore, but i'm very lucky. I'm so grateful things ended up how they did, lots worse couldve happened with what happened. I want to tell my family thanks. Ty thanks for giving me the blessing and for staying with me, thanks steph for waiting in the hospital, thanks mom for getting me help and always caring for me, thanks dad for coming home to see me. Shantay and Kadin, for helping me and caring. Thanks everyone for helping me get up and down and walk, and for getting me things, making me feel at ease. I love you all and so grateful for a great family!

.... now everynight when i go to bed my dear mom tells me, take off your shoes before you go down stairs and hold onto the handrail. lol makes me laugh. but she watches out for her accident prone daughter! thanks mom

2 comments:

kAyLeE said...

oh my goodness lisa!!! that is really scary you be careful!

Mady said...

LISA!!! oh my goodness!! be careful! we need to see each other soon, before something else happens!! haha. love ya